Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Autumn Walks


leaf on bench , originally uploaded by leelicini.

This is the time of year when I like to take long strolls in the woods. I do this on an almost daily basis. I suppose I sometimes feel like a nervous squirrel getting ready to hibernate for the winter; I too get this overwhelming need to be outside as much as possible. It could be that I prefer the cooler temperature or maybe I enjoy this time so much because I take these walks all on my own. It is a time for me to reflect, relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.

This is a photo I took during one of my recent walk abouts. I loved how this single leaf sat on this bench. While it was a beautiful sight, it made me a little lonely. I wonder if leaves had feelings, would it feel lonely?

No comments:

Post a Comment