Thursday, January 9, 2014

Addicted to Reading

I have always been an avid reader, I recall loving books from an early age. Of course how frequently I read depended on how busy I was at the time. Sometimes I had very little time to read a book for pleasure while I was in college and again when my children were really young.

I am pleased to say I am on a reading roll again. It all started with the least likely of suspects. Frankly I am still shocked to this day that I even picked the books up. You see, historically I have been a fan of thriller and horror fiction. Give this gal a grisly murder or ghost story over some prince and peasant girl love story anyday! With that said, I was curious about all of the hype, the chatter regarding some man named Christian Gray. I had no idea who he was so Googled him only to learn that he was a character in a popular BDSM related romance novel.

Whips and chains! Oh My! Really not my cup of tea but curiosity got the better of me and well as they say the rest is history. I found a new niche that I enjoyed reading. Contemporary adult romance novels struck a chord with me. I would likely need to spend many months on a psychologists couch in order to work through the many reasons for why this genre appeals to me. Perhaps I am going through some midlife crisis. Maybe I'm just a perv. Suffice it to say, I am a fan and in the last year or so I have read countless books, some great, some awful.

I have decided that I would like to share with my readers some 'thought' and suggestions for many of the books I have read. So every Friday I will (hope) to post a suggestion for a book along with a review, just in time for the weekend!

So please, ladies, and maybe a couple of men, join me in my Mamma's Tawdry Reads and share your thoughts on some of the novels I discuss.

Until my first official post, Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment