Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Year Older

I celebrated my 38th birthday today. As with each passing year, I ponder aging and what it has been like. I don't feel any older than I did when I was 16. Often I feel like I am just as immature and selfish now as I was then. Sometimes what reminds me that I am officially a grown woman are the things that I don't want to remind me, like my sagging ass and boobs, those fine lines that appear on my forehead and around my eyes. Or when I try to run after my 3 year old and find that my knees hurt or that I become winded! Those are the really shitty reminders that we get about being older. Why couldn't I age like George Clooney? Sure, I'm not a man and do not wish to be one, but why does that guy look better as he gets older? As I get older I begin to see myself slowly becoming a Hobit!

Aging aside, I had a great birthday this year. My hubby baught me a little Acer Notebook so that I could keep up with my blog any time any where! He also baught me a beautiful painting for our dinning room as well as a GPS system for the van! I was spoiled this year! Thanks so much Corrado, for the amazing birthday that you gave me this year!  I also enjoyed a night out with close friends for dinner and drinks. All was wonderful! Oh and the best part....my in-laws had the kids over night and kept them for a whole day! I got to sleep in for the first time in 6 years! I had my coffee in peace this morning and even took a nap around lunch time. Man, getting one year older this time around was not so bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment