Monday, August 23, 2010

Lazy Mom's Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

As a SAHM of 2 and a doting wife to the Italian Stallion, I spend a great deal of time in the kitchen. I am always cooking up some sauce to accompany the evenings pasta. I am not content 'most of the time' with a hum drum meal of just meat and potatoes as I grew up on. I always feel the need to out-do the last menu.
However, I am not much of a baker. Try as I may, I often fail in this area. I suppose that I am too impatient for many of the sweets to come to fruition. Maybe I just plain suck at baking. Either way I still feel the need to provide my family with fresh home baked treats (every so often....I'm not a glutton for punishment).

One of the 'cheater' recipes that I have tried over the years are Kraft's Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies. I have to say that following their recipe to the "T" has always made me a happy camper but at the same time the inner gourmet in me cries for more. Over the years I have changed the white sugar the recipe calls for to brown sugar. I always add chocolate chips to my dough. But today I tried something a bit different. I added NUTELLA. (this is the point that the angels sing about the glories of this chocolate spread). I will be the first to admit...they rocked! Second to admit is my 6 yr old son who has never liked peanut butter cookies of any sort. These  he loved.

Here is the recipe switch up! Just know that when I did this it was by 'eye', quanto basta....you know when enough is enough.

SCANT 1 cup peanut butter
2 tbsp NUTELLA (add to PB to make a full cup...you judge based on your taste)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chocolate chips (choose what you like...I prefer dark chocolate)
1 egg
1 tbsp flour
pinch salt

Mix all ingredients together well. Preheat oven to 325 and bake for 15-16 minutes or until very lightly browned. Let cookies stand on baking sheet before removing to cooling rack.

Now ladies...tell me how frigging easy is that and I can assure you these are very tasty cookies! Give it a try because on those week nights when you barely have energy to cook let alone serve dessert these little morsels will come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment