Friday, January 15, 2010

Mommy Has Free Time!

I had the rare opportunity to  have time all to MYSELF this morning! How glorious. On those days when the kids are off to school, time still is not mine. Those few childless hours are usually reserved for such mundane tasks such as grocery shopping, picking up dry cleaning and God forbid, cleaning the house.

Today, however, was different. I made a date to  have breakfast with a good friend that I have not seen in a while. We enjoyed a tasty breakfast at Eggscrepes here in Ajax, ON. It was also an occasion to celebrate, as my gal pal Kim is expecting her second child after a long hiatus from changing diapers ( her eldest is 6 years old ). So we Mom's sat and pigged out on yummy grub, gossiped, talked about our martian children and utterly odd families. It was wonderful.

Kim has also graciously agreed to model her baby bump for me when she is showing more! I can't wait to aim my camera at her and capture her glowing beauty as an expecting mom!

I just want to congratulate Kim, Nigel and Hailey on their expected bundle of joy! I can't wait to meet him/her soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment